Saturday, June 21, 2008

ALOHA!

Chad & I at the luau!

Nothin like swimmin in the clear blue ocean! I could have stayed in there all day everyday!

This was one of many stops on the road to Hana. It was called the black beach.

I want to wear this outfit someday! Maybe for halloween??





We got up at 1am to drive 2 hours to this crater and watch the sunrise. We got there at 3:30am and the sun didn't rise above the clouds til about 6am. It was colder than ever....im still trying to decide if it was worth it? Ummmm NO! I was cranky, tired, and cold. Me and my mother in law stayed inside an inclosed room to watch it all...it was still freezing cold inside there.



Chad went sport fishin with all the guys and was the only one to catch something. It was too small so he threw it back.





Outside our condo! We had the windows open every night and got serenaded by the big fat bull frogs!





Before we went into the luau!! We made a rainbow with our shirts and didn't even know it!







Chad and I were blessed with going to Maui with the adults in his family on my birthday for a week! I recommend it to everyone! So nice knowing all we had to do the whole time was worry about ourselves!

13 comments:

My World said...

Ooooohhh Baby! Why wait until Halloween??? I think the coconuts would be a VERY suitable outfit for summer wear! Great pix!

Ana said...

How fun!! I've never been to Maui..but I've been to Oahu.. of course had to go back to where my Parents met.. plus family..but that was ages ago back when I was a newly wed.. we'll be back there someday... looks like you had fun!

Shenna said...

Super cute pics! I wish I was in Hawaii right now...

Marie said...

Maui is my favorite island in Hawaii. I wish we would have talked before you went. I could have told you that getting up early to watch the sunrise at the crater was not worth it. But we biked down, and that was the most fun thing I did there! Super cute pics.

Janan said...

Fun times! Made me a little home sick! I hope it was the Old Lahaina Luau you made it to, one of my favorite. I do have to say, PCC has the best! I bet you definitely loved the consistent nice temperature with a trade wind, versus 111. FUN TIMES! Loved the pictures

amy said...

Looks like you guys had fun- Wish I was there with you! Hope to see you soon, let us know when you will be on this side of town. Maybe a cousins party or trip to the ranch.

rush said...

Hey Hollie--This is Nancy Norton. Jayme says Hi and wants to be invited to Teasha's blog. Could you fix that up??
Looks like you are having a GREAT life and it's awesome that you keep in touch with the gang! Nice to see Wade and Lacey in the picture!!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a good vacation! That looks so fun and like a great getaway- I would love one of those right now! haha. No Jess has not had her shower yet and I am not exactly sure when we are doing it! I will make sure we send you an invite though!

Melissa Resch said...

Hi Holly, glad you found me!! send me your email, i am going private. Looked like you had a good time in Hawaii... hey you know my friend Janice.. love that crazy girl...

arizonamama said...

Hollie! So good to hear from you. Looks like you had fun in Hawaii. I could've told you about that sunrise, too. Not that great but the bikeride down was fun. The road to Hana has some great hikes. I hope you were able to go on some. Glad you found me. Give me a call. -Cameo

Lainie said...

Hey Hollie! I found your blog from one of the Fa's. Wow, I can't believe how old your kids are! And twins - you must be as crazy as me! What a sweet family you have!

Carol said...

man i am so jealous! how fun. you look great by the way :)

arizonamama said...

Hollie, you didn't call! I had the 480 number up until two days ago but since moving to CO I've switched numbers. Maybe I'll call my mom to your mom to get your number or you can do the same. You look beautiful! - Cameo